Monday, May 7, 2018

#Splash

Hola familia y amigos! Qué tal?
It has been quite the week. We have been all around the zone, gone to the hospital, gotten wet in the baptismal font, and took a trip down to Cerritos, my last zone! Let me tell you all about it.
Monday after P-day, D***** was invited to a Family Home Evening with a family way out of our area! But, in the name of repentance, we biked our hineys the 30 minutes uphill to get there and enjoy a great lesson. We talked about forgiveness and had some donuts from the corner store.
Tuesday I was on exchanges in our area with Elder Chambers. He's in training, but he's a really good missionary! He's also incredibly talented. Before the mission, he played for the youth US. National soccer team, and had many colleges looking at him. He's one of those guys who is automatically good at most things he does. He will go far in his mission.
Thursday we had a Zone Conference. We got to travel down to Cerritos, where I was serving before. So there were some familiar faces. We talked about baptism, the Book of Mormon, a lots of other good stuff that will help me to be a better missionary. 
So my companion has been feeling a certain pain in his stomach for about a week now. We went from thinking it was food poisoning to soreness, from stomach flu to maybe a virus. We went to the urgent care Friday. They couldn't tell him exactly what it was, but gave him a prescription for 2 possibilities and instructed him to visit the ER if symptoms don't improve. So prayers out to Elder Price por favor!
Since that urgent care visit, we have spent quite a bit of time staying in the apartment because he hasn't felt well enough to leave.
I saved the best for last. D****** was baptized! WHOOO! It was a fantastic service. This month of waiting since she pushed her baptismal date back has felt long. But she made it. She was baptized. I had the privilege of baptizing her. It has been one of the biggest blessings, coming to know her and watch her change and repent. She will be a strong member of the church because she is converted. I'll attach pictures.
Well she was baptized Saturday and the day after, she was confirmed by Elder Price. That was also good.
Well real quickly I want to bear my testimony. I was going to yesterday, but too many people got up before me and there was no time left. This is the Church of Jesus Christ. This is the church and gospel which he established while he was on the earth, now restored through a prophet. We have all the authority and priesthood needed to perform the ordinances that will lead us to eternal life. I know that. I know it through the Book of Mormon. Brothers and sisters. If any of you are in doubt or wandering, read the Book of Mormon. It was written by ancient prophets for our day. It contains guidance for us in our lives. Most importantly, it is the evidence that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that through him, the Church of Jesus Christ was restored. Please read it. It will help you grow closer to Christ and our father in Heaven more than any other book. I leave you all my love. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Elder Horton





No comments:

Post a Comment