Monday, March 19, 2018

#apologies/baptism #Lloviznando

Hi friends and family! I send my apoligies for not sending my weekly to you all last week. I wasn't aware that I didn't send it until I checked my email this morning and my mom informed me. Que pena. Ni modo! I'll attach that email to this one, and you can read in my voice for double the time!
The biggest news this week is that the Jimenez family was baptized, or at leas the Mom, Dad, and little brother. The 2 sisters are already baptized, and one of them is actually leaving on her mission in a week! I'll attach pictures. It was a fantastic baptismal service. The mom of this family has been attending church for the past couple of years, and she finally decided to be baptized. So a lot of members of the ward showed up to support her. We filled the whole room with chairs, and there were STILL not enough seats for everyone to sit! A lot of missionaries gave up their seats for members to enjoy the service and were standing. But anyways, it was a really great baptismal service. It was awesome to see the J family taking that step toward their Heavenly Father.
That's about all I have to talk about this week. I hope the pictures make up for the lack of excitement in this email. I'm having a great time out her in the big LB!
con Amor,
Elder Horton

Friends and family! How are you all doing?
I've been great. Pico Rivera is treating me well. Most importantly, Elder Price and I have seen a lot of progress in the work here, thanks to our obedience and hard work.
For those who don't speak Spanish, the word lloviznar (yo-vee-snar) means to sprinkle. There has been a lot of sprinkling lately here in SoCal. The past 2 weekends have been cloudy with scattered rains. It's been awesome for the people down here. They need it. But people don't know how to drive in rain.
My companion and I, since we both want to improve our Spanish, have started speaking pure Spanish 4 of the 7 days in the week. It really helps. I'm starting to get an idea of how my friends in South America feel. It must have been tough those first couple of months. But I'm learning so much, and realizing now how much improvement I need to do with my Spanish.
The J family are still looking good to be baptized this coming Sunday. In fact, another hermana decided to join them. So there will be a baptism of 4 on this 18th! It's really great to see the work in this ward and in Pico Rivera picking up. I know the Lord is working miracles here.
I'm not sure if I told you guys about our friend named D. She's living here for a short time, and staying with her aunt and uncle who are members of our church. We are working with her a little to see how interested she is, and it turns out she is very interested! She is reading the Book of Mormon and praying to know if it's true.
On a spiritual note, this week I have been humbled by the Lord a lot. As I studied more about Christlike attributes, I realized how much more I need to work on developing the attributes of Christ. I prayed for humility, Charity, and Patience. Quick tip for you guys. If you pray for patience, get ready to have your patience grow and tested. Mine was. I'm working on being humble and for having Charity for all those who live in my area.
Con Amor,
Elder Horton


My comp and I in the rain!




Alma Family services (read the Book of Mormon peeps ;)





A new little puppy that a member family has!


The white Christmas came a little late!


The J family, Elder Price and Myself






1 comment:

  1. Hola nuestro gran vecino. Gracias por ser un buen ejemplo.Regresa con honor!!

    ReplyDelete