Monday, June 18, 2018

#Cooler

I thank my Bolivian buddy Elder Stewart for lending me his cold weather for a couple of days. We have had a good spurt of 70 degree weather with some light rain. 
We've also had a spurt of success, so I appreciate all the prayers from you wonderful people! I can truly say I felt the power of those prayers and I'm not sure this work would go anywhere if it wasn't for all the people around the world praying for the missionaries.
About 2 weeks ago we met a man named Daniel. He seemed very interested on first contact. We gave him a few scriptures to read over text, and got a return appointment. In that return appointment, we taught him more about the Book of Mormon through the Restoration and invited him to be baptized on the 8th of July. He's one of those people the Lord has prepared.
Other sad news, Maria Z. (the one who believed the Book of Mormon is true before we met her) has seemed to cut all ties with us the missionaries. We visit and call multiple times a week and nothing... Even when she's home she won't come out to meet us! Jeffery R. Holland has said that he believes that us as missionaries, in order to understand something of the price that has been paid by Christ, we may have to feel some of that burden ourselves. This includes shedding one of the small tears he shed. When I think of Maria, I shed a small tear.
But, the Lord's work always moves on.
I also want to give a shoutout to Elder Curtis Larsen and Elder Reid Puzey who have recently finished their missions. Well done boys! (And to sister Sydney Lewis, who is close.)
Elder Price and I have recently started to work more through the members of the church. We all know that missionary work goes faster and more efficient when all of you, as members, take an active part in the missionary work. We all have desires, it's simply that some of us just don't know how. Maybe you have a friend you want to share the gospel with, but you're nervous. If that's the case, reach out to the local missionaries and they can help you. I encourage you all (especially the youth) to begin helping the Lord's work move forward by speaking with the missionaries and asking how you can help.
This is the Lord's work. This is the true church. Anyone who wants to know that can read, ponder, and pray about the Book of Mormon. That is our evidence. Don't believe me? READ THE BOOK.
Con Amor,
Elder Horton


Happy Father's Day Dad!



Found a beetle who I really bonded with.


Planning...planning...planning


Spanglish



The awesome Jimenez Family


No comments:

Post a Comment