Monday, July 10, 2017

#July4th?

I guess I'm going to join on the bandwagon of the rest of the Elders and wish you all a happy 4th of July. Do they go crazy here in California? Why of course, yes they do. Tuesday night as my companion and I were trying to contact some of our investigators, we were walking down the street while every other house was setting off legal and illegal fireworks, some off the top of a ladder so they can see it better. All the while the police were busting people for using illegal fireworks. Nonetheless, it was quite a sight to see.
At the end of the night my companion and I were able to sit down in our second-floor apartment and enjoy the fireworks instead of trying to avoid them. It was quite a sight to see! I hope you were all safe and no one did anything too stupid.
AS for the missionary work! this week, Elder Anglin and I tried to contact every single one of our investigators. Every day. having a lot of investigators, that was tough. We tried to either pass by, send a text, call them, or have someone talk to them for us. The purpose? We wanted to help them gain desires to come to church. It worked! We had 3 investigators at church even though it was looking pretty gloomy Sunday morning and like no one would show up. Blessings, brothers and sisters!
That just about sums up my week. Sorry for the short email, but I have lots of pictures to make up for last weeks lack and the lack of content today. Enjoy my smiling face!
Con Amor,

Elder Horton




Elder Anglin and I BOSSES in the car.



Try #1 for that same picture.



If you ever find yourself at a crossroad...



la luna



Cerritos college




Monday's activity with the missionaries at the park

No comments:

Post a Comment