Monday, July 24, 2017

#kissedbyadrunkman

Hi guys, this last week was quite the week for Elder Horton. Still a boring (for you guys) missionary week, but a lot of cool things happened on my side of the barn.
First off! Before church yesterday, my companion and I traveled into the trailer park to invite our less-active to church. Her son was there, completely plastered drunk, and smoking a cigarette. After he gave my companion a big ol' hug and kissing him on the forehead, I got worried. But in his broken drunk Spanish, he introduced himself to me and gave me a bear hug. We shared a short scripture with him, and then on the way out another big drunk hug. At which point, I guess he felt comfortable enough with me to kiss me on my forehead and send us out with a "les amo". So yeah.. adventurous.
Next up, happy 24th of July/Pioneer's day to you all. If you ask me if they celebrate it in California, I would say Yes! Absolutely! The stake held an activity at which there was free breakfast, stick pulls, snow-cones, dancing and all kinds of fun for the members of the stake. The whole time, the missionaries of the stake were giving out church tours. Considering the amount of non-members there, it was a fantastic opportunity to introduce them to the church and the Gospel. What better way to help someone come to the Lord than showing his house? So yes, that was awesome. I will include a video of the two biggest guys in our Zone doing a stick pull. The Spanish Elder won! yay!
Also we got a District picture of all the Spanish Elders, and a couple English sisters decided to get in there. haha.
Well for all those considering leaving on a mission, just know you're going to have some serious downs. Those don't matter, as much as how you bounce back from them. For example, on Thurday and Friday my companion and I had 8 appointments fall through. By the time the 8th fell, we were pretty disappointed. But we were with a member who was going to accompany us. We all went into the chapel, read out of 3 Nephi 18, and he gave his most powerful testimony. That will do it!
Anyways, sorry I'm out of time. I've got lots of pictures this week.

Elder Horton



Biking exchange! yeehaw!



Investigators galore!



Spanish district



drug bust?



my view right now


Stick pull with the two biggest elders.

No comments:

Post a Comment