Monday, August 7, 2017

#AnotherCrash?

Alright folks, this is the run down for this week.
Sorry I don't have too much time because I tend to leave writing my weekly email until the last minute.
1. Yes, we got in another car accident. No, it was not the same car/companion/area. Yes, it was also a rear-ending. But this time, to make a difference, the lady who rear-ended us was frazzled. She immediately told us not to call the cops, as she doesn't have a license or insurance, and that she would have to pay us out of her pocket. After we were able to get some basic information from her, (AKA personal information and car information) she sped off because "she couldn't trust us". Well, I believe of the two missionaries versus the lady who's driving without a license or insurance, who's the one who really isn't to trust? Oh well. We called the police and got a report filed. It's all good. Welcome to California.
2. I'm in my new area, with my new companion, Elder Diaz. I'm still in the same ward just jumped to the area which is across the street. 
3. 
I'm out of time, sorry guys. Have a great week!

Elder Horton

PS from Ryan's mom - Here's a little more from Ryan that he sent to Mom and Dad...

Obviously I'm in a new area with a new companion. My new area seems to have sooo many members, that we eat with a member almost every night. It's pretty fun, and so I'm not cooking as much anymore haha. It helps save a little money.

We had a bomb week, with lots of people at church.

Yes, same ward. different area. I still get to see all the members at church.
The move went smoothly. I still live in the same complex, so the good thing is I didn't have to pack any clothes into suitcases, we just took a couple trips with all my stuff from one apartment to the other.
The ward is divided into 4 areas, the areas look long and skinny from north to south. My area, since the stake is pretty circular, looks like a big D. It's a pretty big area, and we do a lot of our work in the southern area in a city called Hawaiian Gardens.

Elder Horton finds his peace through music. As missionaries we have little DVD players, where we can plug in a USB. I have peaceful piano music, General conference music, and talks, and more. Sometimes the life of a missionary can be stressful but we have plenty of time to sit down, rest, and think about the Savior. I find a lot of peace knowing that the Lord is in every aspect of our lives and that we need not fear, but to simply trust in him. If something happens, or doesn't happen, we know it's the Lord's will and he knows what's best for us in order for us to grow and become like him.

Yeah, I'm still running. But my companion likes to use the restroom in the morning, #2, so by the time we get out the door, to run to the track nearby, we don't have too much time left. we run there, then I usually do a mix of run/walk for 3 laps or so, depending on how I feel, and we get back to the apartment. So not too much running. We run every other day. The days in between we work out in the apartment. I still think 6:30 right when I wake up is too early.

Pictures:


Elder Horton at his prime



Don't ask



Elder Diaz and I




Damage to the car

No comments:

Post a Comment