Monday, August 21, 2017

#Exchanges

Hi guys! I apologize for the lack of time these past weeks. But I have had a request that I write my weekly email earlier so I have more time. So yes, I have PLENTY of time ;)
I hope this email finds you all cooling down from the hot weather you've had. Did you all see the solar eclipse? Cool huh?
This past week, and these past few weeks, have been very good. I've seen plenty of success in this new area I'm in. There are some areas where we work with plenty of hispanics to teach. A lot of these have been prepared by the Lord as well to receive Christ in their lives, so it's a pleasure to work with them. 
My companion, Elder Diaz, is quite the guy. We get along very well! He's a jokester and makes the work a lot of fun for me. We work hard, and when the time comes we play hard. He's also a very good teacher! As missionaries, we are encouraged to teach simply as if we were teaching children. Some of the concepts we teach are tough to understand and for that we must simplify it. Elder Diaz is very good at that!
The weather here in Norwalk/Cerritos/Hawaiian Gardens is very good. It's still hot and humid, but it's seemed to cool off a little and seems like the sun is giving us a break from the triple digits. We also are in a car with A/C which helps!
Probably the biggest event this week was exchanges. I was with Elder Lee, who's one transfer younger than me in the mission. It was cool to see how he's grown since I saw him come in my first transfer!
So let me update you all on my investigators in this new area. We have the R*** family, consisting of the mother, L****, and her kids M*****, A****, D****, and C****. They love us as missionaries and have been looking for a church for a while. They embrace the Gospel and try to live the teachings of Jesus Christ as we teach. L***'s husband, W*****, is the only problem! He's got a pretty hard heart towards religion. And we almost never get the chance to talk to him, because whenever he's home he goes and hides from us. But we pray and pray his heart will be softened. With some very good planning, perhaps secretive planning with L**** to find this guy at home alone, we can help L**** and her kids progress quicker towards the waters of baptism.
Then, we have D****, A****, and E****. D**** (16) and E**** (11) are brother and sister. A**** is D****'s boyfriend who comes to visit, from 2 hours away biking. He stays there for the weekend, (when we teach them) and goes home for a couple days. He's already graduated from High School and soon to start college. They're very nice people and attended church for the second time yesterday. They're progressing well and we have planned for them to be baptized the 3rd of September!
C**** is a 9 year old kid of a family returning to activity. He wants to be baptized and he's learned almost everything! We are just waiting for the father to be ready to baptize his child. His faith is not very big and he's hesitant to baptize his child.
Anyways this email has dragged on and on and on. I hope you're all now well-informed about the life of Elder Horton. I'm doing well! Also I have lots of pictures
Con Amor, 
Elder Horton

Pictures:




Jus Chillin



We are trolls



I hear a who...



Terrible attempt at taking a picture of the eclipse



No comments:

Post a Comment