Monday, January 1, 2018

#2018??!

Hello friends and family!
Here's the thing. 2018 has always seemed like a myth. Like a goal never to be reached. In comparison, it's like NASA saying they're going to send astronauts to neptune to land and check it out. To me, it seemed like it would never come. Not necessarily in a bad way either. It just always seemed so far away, since I've began my mission in 2016. It was always 2 years away. But now here we are, and as a result I take a deep breath of surprise and a big gulp of nervousness. I can't accept that I go home this year. I love this place and going home seems even farther away. I don't know if that makes sense, but my mind sometimes can't accurately describe feelings.
That being said, I'm glad for a new year so we can set new goals and make plans to become better people and, in my case, better preachers of the Lord's gospel. I hope you'll also find the desire to improve yourselves and make those resolutions.
This week went by quickly for me. We had our car taken from us for 4 days, so it could be loaned to another companionship who's car was in the shop. So we were back on bike! It was great to feel the wind on my face and the pedals under my feet. Luckily our area isn't too big, so we can get anywhere pretty quickly on bike. But Saturday morning we got it back. The car helps on Sundays and P-Days, because we give rides to another companionship. Anyways, the point is we got to bike around for a few days ðŸ˜€
I may not be the first to say this, but the week before and after Christmas can be tough to find people at home. A lot are traveling and partying. So, hopefully we see a little more contact with those we are teaching this coming week.
That's about it. I hope you all passed a great Christmas and New Years and stayed safe! You all are the best!
Con Amor,
Elder Horton

Christmas Call with the Family


Christmas Dinner


Fog


Fog #2


Emailing from the Church this week


No comments:

Post a Comment