Saturday, September 17, 2016

#eldondelenguas

Hola, amigos! como estan? 
It's been another great week in the MTC, and I'm almost halfway through. I'm starting to understand why people say "the days feel like weeks, and the weeks feel like days."
I hate to say that I don't have much to say. It's pretty much normal day after normal day, continuing in spirituality and language knowledge, However you guys don't know what the normal day is. So, here you go.
Wake up 6:00 to get shower time, get ready.
Class for 1 hour
Breakfast
Class for 3 hours
Lunch
Exercise time
Class for 3 hours
Dinner
Class for 3 hours.
Bed
So, basically, a lot of class. About half of that is with teachers. The rest is individual and companionship study!
Okay, now time for highlights of the week!
We have had the privelage of hearing from 3 members of the quorum of the 12 apostles here. There are devotionals every Sunday and Tuesday, and 3 of the 4 I have been to have included a member of the Quorum of the 12. They always have such inspiring messages and we are so blessed to hear from them.
Subject line: El Don de Lenguas. The Gift of Tongues. Wow, it's so real. I've seen the spirit work miracles in me and allow me to speak very well, and I've seen the opposite when I wasnt being obedient and wasnt worthy to hold that gift. I testify that only through the spirit and by the power of God can we learn a new language so quickly.
I apologize, but I believe that's about it as far as highlights so. 
Spanish update: I am learning so quickly and I am sure that's because I am trying my hardest to be as obedient as I can to the mission and MTC rules. We have now taught 3 "investigators" (our 2 teachers pretending), but Monday I teach a real life investigator. I'm so excited. I can almost completely express what I want to say in a lesson, but I have work to do in conversational and expressing myself Spanish. I have memorized the first vision, missionary purpose, and baptismal invite in Español.
Thanks everyone for showing your love. I love to get dear Elders because it's my only break from missionary life and a peek into the "real world', haha!
last thought-- If any of you wish I would include something in my email that I'm not, please let me know and I will be glad to include them.
Yo sé que el espiritu santo es verdadera. Yo tesitifico, mediante Dios y Jesucristo, podemos hacer los milagros. José Smith era una profeta verdadera. "Vi una columna de luz, mas brillante que el sol, directamente arriba de mi cabeza."
Go Utes!

Displaying DSC00067.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment