Sunday, October 9, 2016

#infermo

So, yeah the inevitable happened.... I got sick. I guess sitting confined in a classroom with 12 other people who are also getting sick should have made me expect to get sick. I thought it was strep as I assessed my symptoms, but I dont know for sure. I will visit the doctor today because my symptoms have only been getting worse. HA! pero, esta bien.
But besides my getting sick on Wednesday, things have been all right. Last week preparations to head out to the field are taking place. Many in my room are beginning to pack but I think it will only take me about 30 minutes, because I packed smart :P
For anyone who Speaks Spanish, we got introduced to Subjunctive this week and it threw me a curveball for real. "I desire THAT you speak spanish" "Deseo QUE usted hable español" especially Past Subjunctive. Besides that, I feel I am ready to speak Spanish all the time. The Lord really has blessed me with the gift of tongues.
We did member TRC's this week and the past over skype. Crazy hard to understand because sometimes the connection is bad... also they speak quickly.
For any of my missionary friends, past and present, we did in-field orientation today... so yeah. For those who don't know what that is, all the departing missionaries sit in one room for about 8 hours while they tell us what to expect in the field. I think it's a bit excessive and it gets a very bad rep.
Our Sunday devotional was quite awesome. Amidst the 2000 missionaries in one room for the devotional, they had the 365 general conference missionaries stand and sing along to the video of us singing in General Conference. Then the main act for the devotional, instead of a speaker, was Vocal Point from BYU. If any of you know them, they normally don't do a lot of gospel music. However they prepared a few special musical numbers for us. What a treat! they are great.
If you don't already know, I was blessed with the opportunity to be a host to the incoming missionaries. On Wednesday, there were 500 coming in and about 150 hosts to greet them. Therefore, we each were expected to host 3 or more. It was awesome to see the enthusiam, (and sometimes tears) of the new missionaries coming in. I hosted 5 from the curb. We take them from the curb to get all their materials, drop their bags at their residence, and straight to their classroom where they commence learning. The first day is crazy.

Normally every sunday we get to view a film in various rooms in the  MTC. One which I watched was highlighting a talk given to the MTC a few years ago by David A. Bednar, called the "Character of Christ". He says that the true character of Christ, as he found out after months of study, is to turn outward when the natural man would turn inward. I invite you all to ponder on that, while you study the New Testamant.
Yo sé que Jesucristo sufrío por los pecados de todo el mundo. Yo testifico que el trabajo de los missioneros traerá muchos las personnas al Evangelio. Quiero testifico de la verdad de las profetas. Verdaderomente, hablan las palabras de Dios. Estoy muy agradecido por esta opportunidad muchos las personnas sobre el Evangelio restaurado. Sé que el don de lenguas es real, y el Señor bendicirá los missioneros. Estoy listo por Long Beach, y espero está listo para me. Hace esta semana bien. En el nombre de Jesucristo, amen.

Next time I email you all, it will be from LONG BEACH! Whoo!

Elder Henderson and I

 Elder Singleton and I
 My district with our teachers
 My 2 teachers (basically the best teachers ever)
 The california bros (1 to Modesto, and 3 to Long Beach)

No comments:

Post a Comment