Sunday, October 2, 2016

#ONEMONTH

Okay okay so It's been a craazy week!
First off I hope you all enjoyed the music we missionaries prepared and felt the spirit while watching conference today. I know I did! We had so many worries about the music but I know angels were there to keep us on pitch and everything so nothing could distract from the spirit. Gosh, I love General Conference!!
We were supposed to get flight plans yesterday in the mail but they didn't come, but it still freaks me out to know that in 10 days I will be in Long Beach trying to keep up speaking Spanish. I still have so much to learn.
My companion from Alabama has never seen real snow so I got excited when I saw snow in the mountains, and I really hope it snows before we leave, though I am a bit doubtful, haha.
We didn't have the opportunity to attend the Temple last saturday because it was Women's conference, and so we made arrangements to go Thursday. What a blessing the Temple is and I love how much peace it brings to our lives. I hope you all will make the effort to find some time in the day and go to the Temple.
Last week our district decided to have "Christmas in September". We all got presents for one person who we randomly picked. The price top was 2 dollars, and we got it from the MTC store. It was awesome! we sat down, pulled up a youtube video of fire crackling, and read the story of Christmas from the scriptures and proceeded to open presents. Pictures to follow!
Spanish update: Because we always had choir practices in the morning, I missed out on 1.5 hours of spanish study. I missed some important lessons, but it was for a good cause. I'm making up for it in personal study, so I would say I'm lacking. I need to not be lacking to ship out in 10 days.
TRC stands for... well actually I dont know what it stands for but it is basically a real life investigator. Some TRC's are real investigators, some are close or have been baptized, and some are members who just want to help. Me and my companion had our last lesson with our TRC Sergio. I will include a picture of him. He's a great guy!
Also they have spikeball for exercise time, I think I am getting pretty good! y'all better watch out when I get home.
So I think that's all... thanks to all you for showing your love to me. I want to leave you with a little message. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and he truly did see Jesucristo and God the Father. They did speak to him, he did translate the Book of Mormon through the power of God. And because this is true, I know we have a living prophet today. Thomas S. Monson holds all the keys required to lead this Church and I know he has seen the face of Jesus. He is a true prophet of God! En el nombre de Jesucristo, amen.

Pictures!
Me & Elder Calvin with Sergio
Christmas: reading the story
Me and Elder Calvin with Elder Salmon (as Santa)
Temple
Temple and something else attractive
Temple and district.




















No comments:

Post a Comment