Monday, February 20, 2017

#what?

Familia y mis amigos
Hello, and how are all of you? I'm so glad that it's P-day. President's day, and preparation day. If I'm not wrong, you guys don't have school or work! So hallelujah!
This first week of my fourth transfer has been a bit wild. Of course I got my new companion Elder Gutierrez. And I completely misjudged him! I should have known better to judge someone from gossip before I meet them! Elder Gutierrez is a very wise man. He will be going home in 3 months, and it's quite certain I will be the missionary to "Kill" him.
Fun missionary slang lesson: if you are companions with a missionary when he finishes his mission, you kill him. Likewise, you are born into the mission when you arrive there.
Elder Gutierrez is a very active guy. After we get back from exercising every morning, he exercises a little bit more! Also the mission has wrecked him physically. He is now unable to drink and eat so many foods because he was so stressed out at the beginning of his mission. He came straight from Costa Rica and learned English on the mission. So, with English being the language of missionaries, he had a tough time at the beginning.
With the transfers, i was put in an area where I had basically never worked before. This area was part of mine when I was part of the trio a week back. So, when transfers came, one of the trio left. The other, Elder Keeler, stayed in the main area (Ximeno A) and I took over the other area with my new companion (Ximeno B). Crazy day for sure. We are having a good time getting to know this new area and the investigators.
The first we are working with is the mother of a part member family. She is not a member, so we are teaching her. However her family is completely active. She has been meeting with the missionaries for 16 years... That's completely insane. We don't know what the problem is. She attends with her family usually. 
We are working also with a few less-active families. The Cordon family has not been to church in 4 years because they lack the desire to do so. The familia Valdez has not been to church in about 3 years. Their son plays soccer on Sundays most of the time and for that, they have not been attending.
Something I encourage you all to do is look at the priorities in your life. Are you putting God first? What is most important to you? I exhort you all to change your priorities. If you put God first, then your family, then everything else behind that, you will see bountiful blessings in your life. You will feel the spirit and God's love so much more abundantly in your life. As I have learned to prioritize and put God first in my life, I have seen my life, mind, and feelings change as I have let God and Christ into my life more.
Remember: everything is about your relationship with God. Ask him if he approves of what you are doing, repent, and move forward. You are his child. He wants to bless you more than you can imagine but you have to open the door and let him in.

--
Elder Horton


First comp selfie



Chess with the Gute



chiquita apartmento



Tongan planner

No comments:

Post a Comment