Monday, April 10, 2017

#222days

So I didn't know what to put in my subject line so I'll just put that... I am 222 days in as of 2 days ago so yeah!
Hello friends and family, I hope you're all well. I heard that the valley got a little snow over spring break! How was that?
The elementary kids are on spring break for 3 weeks down here for some reason, and the high school kids get 6 days off. This Friday, and the whole next week.
There's not too much to tell about this week, except that it was a bomb week for the missionary work! We found an awesome new family to teach, but one of our investigators on a baptismal date, and had some unexpected visitors at church! But before I get into that, let me tell you about the exchange I had on Saturday.
So our new district leader is on bike! So for exchanges he asked me if I could ride my own bike and give his a break. I happily agreed and it was a great day. But it's been a long time since I rode my own bike. My butt hurt a lot that night. It made me so grateful to have a car. So grateful. I won't take that for granted ever again.
So as for this week! Our new investigator named Kevin is an 18 year old in high school. He recently moved from Honduras and doesn't speak English so it's tough for him in school where they don't speak any Spanish to him. But when we teach him he's like a dry sponge. He soaks up everything we learn and basically teaches it right back to us! We invited him to be baptized, and to pray about that decision. We put him on a baptismal date for April 23rd which will have to be pushed back because he was unable to attend church.
So about this new family we found. While me and my companion were walking down the street, we saw a house with a bunch of Easter decorations so we decided to knock. They happily accepted the message we shared, which was the new Easter video the church released. They invited us back to talk a little more. Turns out, they are actually former investigators! They are very catholic and love their church but they are also open to learn about other churches. We are going to see how it goes teaching them the lessons.
So about our church experience! We invited Kevin, who was unable to come. Our main investigators, the Ambrosio family, are usually picked up by an hermana in the ward who decided not to pick them up that day. So, I was pretty sad, thinking we wouldn't have any investigators at church. However as I walked into class the second hour, I was surprised to see one of our investigators there! It's a mother and a daughter, named Bessy and Sophia. Bessy brought her sister, as well as her daughter and her daughter's son. It was quite a good time getting to know them. Turns out they don't live in our area so we won't teach them.
Anyways this is a long email but I have a couple more things to say. These past couple of weeks I have been giving more of an effort to be exactly obedient to the mission rules, and as you guys can see it's blessing our work. I testify of obedience to you guys. Be obedient to the commandments of the Lord, and he will see that and bless your life. Those blessings may come in different ways you can't imagine but they will nevertheless be blessings. Don't forget trials are blessings too. They give us a chance to rely on God. Helaman 12:3
Lastly! If any of you have not seen the new Easter video released by the church, go watch it now. It's a short 3 minutes and I would prefer you watch it than read the rest of my email. It's a beautiful video about Christ, what he did, and how it can affect us. I love to share it with people on the street, in their homes, or wherever! It's found on mormon.org.
Anyways I love you all. Thanks for sending your love/

-- 
Elder Horton






Cool Sign


Long Beach Sunset



Ocean Blvd


Long Beach Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment