Tuesday, April 4, 2017

#templo

Hello all my friends and family!
Thank you for all your letters of support and love this week. I felt it all in the work.
This week was very successful in the work. Our few investigators are progressing very well. Sadly, all of them were too busy to be able to see General Conference and hear the word of the Lord but we will continue to testify to them of living prophets.
This week has flown by, and I realized I am now in the second week of my 5th transfer in the field. Oh, how time flies by! 
You may all be wondering why I am emailing on a Tuesday, and that's because we got to go to the temple today. When we have the opportunity to go to the temple, we have to change our P-day accordingly. So I went to the temple this morning. We woke up at 3:30 and there was a member so nice and willing to meet us at 4am to drive us to the temple with his van. So, yes I'm pretty dang tired. But the work will go on nevertheless. I just need a nap first.
The temple was such a nourishing experience. When you spend 5 months as a missionary without being able to go to a temple, you tend to take that experience for granted. I soaked in every word, especially since I have learned so much from other missionaries about the temple.
Yes, General Conference was this last weekend and I realize I am probably the last email you are reading from a missionary who saw and loved Conference. I absolutely loved Jeffery R. Holland's talk. When I get the chance, I am going to go back and read and watch it.
Well I gotta get going. My companion has a haircut appointment soon and then we will probably go take another nap. Love you all, thank you for your prayers!
Con Amor,
Elder Horton
/
PS sorry no pictures today. I don't have any way to upload them!

Message from Mom:
Ryan's Grandpa Horton passed away Thursday morning this past week.  We were able to speak with Ryan on the phone for about 10 minutes on Thursday.  He took the news well and  prays that his Grandpa Horton will be by his side the rest of his mission.  We believe in life after death and that we will all be reunited after death.  https://www.lds.org/topics/eternal-life?lang=eng&old=true


LA Temple



Dinner with the branch between conference sessions



LA Temple



Selfie




With the Cambodian Elders



Tesla dealership

No comments:

Post a Comment