Monday, December 4, 2017

#YaMeVoy

Well ladies and gentlemen, the news is in. Transfer facts are in, the votes have been counted. Drum Roll please....
Yessir! After just 1 transfer in his area, Elder Horton is packing his bags and heading out to another zone. This time, maybe to stay and finish his mission. Only time will tell. This zone, Whittier, is also where Elder Horton started his mission. He will be heading back to another area and he'll be able to see the same members and friends he left behind. We'll now have the chance to hear from him...
*applause*
*cough* well hello family and friends. I'm headed out from my third area in this ward. I'll miss it very much, including the people and places. But I know the Lord has other plans for me. He also has plans for my current companion. He has been called to train in this area! I know he'll do a fantastic job with all the people we have met and taught. He's a fantastic missionary. My new companion's name is Elder Lopez. He was born in Bolivia, but came out to the field from Maryland. He's been a missionary for almost 1 year. I served in his district before, so I know he's a great missionary and I'm excited to work with him.
Lupita and her family are all still progressing towards baptism. We sat down with them on Saturday and planned out their baptismal service for the 23rd. They are overexcited for that day. All they've got to do is come to church 2 more times in a row! It can be tough with 4 kids to get them all dressed and to get them to church by yourself, but Lupita is basically superwoman so she can do it. My companion and I have been praying so hard for her.
Jocelyn came to church for the first time this Sunday and she loved it! It was stake conference and so we didn't get to take the sacrament, which she was super excited for. I guess she's just got to come next week to see what it's like!
Stake conference was awesome! We had a visitor there from the presidency of the Seventy, named Elder Patrick Kearon. If you don't know who he is, he spoke in General Conference recently about Obedience. He told a story about when he went camping and a scorpion stung him. Ring a bell? If not, go ahead to lds.org and read it. Anyways, he gave a great talk in our sacrament meeting about how this is a church of fresh starts. He spoke specifically to the investigators and how we as missionaries are offering a fresh start, free from sin. I had never thought about it in that light. But it's true. When we are baptized we can feel our sins washed away because of that covenant we are making with the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anyways, I love you all. Keep finding ways to #Lighttheworld. Serve someone today. Brighten someone's day.
Con Amor,
Elder Horton

Sorry no pictures this week

No comments:

Post a Comment