Monday, April 30, 2018

#20...months??



20 months... whoa. That honestly makes me feel so old. I remember earlier in my mission, looking at a missionary who was 15 months in and thinking he must be so experienced. Now here I am, 20 months along. I'm old.
Apart from that, this has been a good, nevertheless, short week. Since I emailed you all on Tuesday I have one less day to talk about. If I'm being honest right now, I'm at a lack of things to say. But there's always plenty to say about those we are working with. So here goes.
D**** is fantastic. She's nice, willing to learn, always keeps the commitments we ask her to keep, and is ready to be baptized. She is still on track for this coming Saturday, the 5th. She's nervous, but ready. This last week, we had a really great lesson with her. We had previously assigned her to study Alma chapter 7 and prepare, with her aunt, a little lesson about the Atonement of Jesus Christ based on this chapter. We gave them about a week to do it, and when they presented it went very well. They included pictures, videos, and an activity! She created a word-search based on the vocabulary in this chapter! That was the most surprising thing. Of course I completed it first and got the prize ;)
D**** showed up to church and was able to be confirmed by her father. It was a special experience. She's such a smart girl and comes to the table with the greatest questions. She's great at thinking things through very well.
We're working still with the Jimenez family, to help them continue in the Lord's path. They had a little step-back, which included a visit to the hospital and a cast, but now they are doing well. We hope to take them to the temple soon and do some work for their ancestors. The father got the Aaronic priesthood yesterday, and he should be able to bless and pass the sacrament this upcoming Sunday. We are super excited for them.
Well, I'll close out this letter. I know this is the work of the Lord, and he is involved in every Jot and Tittle. He cares about us and loves us, so much. That is why we are out here as missionaries. To help spread the love that God has for all of us.
Have a great day all!
Elder Horton


Hike today



Hike we took today


Temple from last week


My companion


No comments:

Post a Comment