Tuesday, April 3, 2018

#Conference

Hello all! This past week has been a very inspiring one with all the talks we heard from Conference! I hope you were all inspired as much as I was. We heard many inspired messages. One thing that impressed me is that each of the members in the first presidency got up and spoke about recieving personal revelation. Coincidence? I think not!
On Friday I went on exchanges with the companion of my district leader, Elder Chambers. He is 5 weeks out from the MTC but he is such a great missionary and has lots of great ideas. It was awesome to work with him.
 
My week: very good! we had interviews with President, so I got some good guidance and council for my investigators. I told you about the 3 dinners we had yesterday. So I'l give more detail. The first was with D and fam. They invited us to the Sunday afternoon session of conference, and told us they would feed us too. We assumed this meant during, before, or right after. Nope. They finally had the food ready around 4:30. Then, we went to dinner at 5:30. It actually ended up being ready around 6. So we ate until 7 and they gave us dessert. This member loves to give us a TON to eat, and tells us multiple times throughout the meal to keep eating. He always gives us great food and vegetables. Oh vegetables. Mexicans don't make a lot of those. Then, our last dinner was at 7. We got there around 7:30. I was full, but ate the whole plate. I was full, to say the least. It felt like Thanksgiving 2016.

Conference: One of the biggest impressions I came away with is the enthusiasm of President Nelson. The priesthood session was powerful, with the hymn we sang. I was able to watch 6 of the 10 hours in Spanish. And though I understand about 95% of it, it is more tough to take notes because I lose the train of thought I had. It's okay, though! all inspiring. They also use very big and educated words. It can be tough sometimes. I felt bad for my comp. It seemed like he really had a struggle understanding, because he took so very little notes in the Spanish compared to English. Also, it was a pleasure to participate in solemn assembly. I don't remember doing that when I was 10.

The rest of this week wasn't too eventful. Just a big buildup to General Conference.
Have a great week all!
Con Amor,
Elder Horton

Doorbell in the middle of a door...

No comments:

Post a Comment