Monday, April 9, 2018

#Transfers/Miracles

Hey all! I hope this last week was good, as was mine!
The biggest announcement is transfers. Drum roll.....
I'm staying! and my companion is staying! This means a lot for me, because this will be my first "white" companion I have who I'm spending more than 1 transfer with, and this is my first area where I am spending more than 3 transfers. My mission has been pretty crazy up to this point, but now I can cool down and work hard.
As I mentioned in the title, we have seen some miracles lately. In what form did these small miracles come? In the form of new people to teach. But not just that. Let me explain.
This last Thursday, my companion and I decided to try praying more than normal. Every time we were about to leave the car, we said a quick prayer, asking the Lord to help. Thursday, we left the apartment at 6 for the last 3 hours of proselyting time. For each person we went by, we asked the Lord for his help. In those 3 hours, we ended up finding 4 new people to teach. That's miraculous. It's been done before, but the level at which these people seemed to be prepared for the Gospel is fantastic. We look forward to working with these people in the future. Along that same train of thought, anytime throughout the rest of the week that we prayed before we left the car, something great happened. It's meant to be. "ask, and ye shall receive."
We also had the opportunity to offer a lot of service this past week. Once to our recent convert family who rents out chairs, tables, and party supplies. Any time these chairs come back from a party, they must be washed before they can be loaned out again. So to show this family we love them and to save them some time and money? We washed these chairs. It was interesting, and something different. They appreciated it so much. We also helped another recent convert in our area to pull some boxes out of her storage unit. But these boxes were tucked away near the back of it. So 3 mattresses, 20 boxes, a piece of furniture, and many random items later, we had what she wanted and were able to put everything back in the unit. All in all, it took about 3 hours when we planned it to take 1.5. So yep.
Now I'm not going to lie. This week also had it's downs. Saturday, we knocked so many doors and got a lot of rejection. I was quite down. It took a lot of faith to go out and do the Lord's work. But we have to take the bad days, as well as the good days. That's how it is.
I'll leave it with that. It's been a very good week in the vineyard of the Lord. I'm just working away! I hope you guys have a good week, stay out of the heat, and enjoy Spring!
Con Amor, 
Elder Horton

No comments:

Post a Comment