Monday, July 30, 2018

#BoringWeek(s)



(July 30th)
Hey all! You may or may not have noticed, (probably not) but I didn't send a weekly email last week. I'll include last week's email in this one.
So, both of these weeks have been very focused on the work. They haven't been too eventful. Simply a lot of "grinding" aka finding, teaching and baptizing.
This last Tuesday, we had Zone Conference. It felt weird, knowing that this was my last. We talked a lot about teaching skills, and how we can all improve as teachers. I learned a lot! Man, I thought I was a good teacher up until this conference. That's when I learned that I am actually a trashy teacher and have a lot to improve on. That's the great things about zone conferences. They are very humbling and help us realize what more we can do as missionaries.
That's really all I will include for this email. Y'all have lots of reading material from the grand Elder Horton now.
By the way! If you all will be in town, my family and I will be hosting a little get-together for all those who would like to come say hello to me after my mission. It will be held Saturday the 19th from 6-8pm, at my house. If you need the address, let me know.
Happy Monday!
Elder Horton

(July 23rd) 
Hola familia y amigos!
How are you all? I hope good.
I'm also doing well. I titled this email Boring Week because if truly wasn't that eventful! My companion and I were able to work all week without many distractions. For every missionary that's almost a dream.
We have been working hard to help those we are teaching to come to church! This comes through not only inviting, but committing! Haha, sometimes these things are so simple but easy to forget. Even for a missionary who has been out for almost 23 months ;D.
So our friend Angie has made a lot of progress. She's still really excited to be baptized, and every time we teach her she gets a light in her eyes. It's going to be fantastic to see her enter the waters of baptism!
Our friend Daniel has strayed a little bit. when we visited him last Monday, he wasn't very sure about what to do. He let his mom know he wanted to be baptized, and she suggested that he simply gets baptized by her pastor. Well, he accepted. So during our visit we were able to testify of the truthfulness of the Church of Jesus Christ on the earth today and the Book of Mormon as a witness of that. I love the Book of Mormon! It never fails.
We've also met some great people this week who we are excited to work with. One's name is Jocelyn. When we met her, she told us that she's very interested in the message we are sharing. She has from LDS friends at school and they have talked to her about Jesus and the Book of Mormon. We were able to talk to her about the Restoration and all that we have to share. She's super excited about everything!
Another person we are excited about is a man named Francisco. He was kind of a miracle! So here's the story. My companion asked me, "where have you never gone in this area?" Immediately I thought that I have been in every nook and cranny of this area, having spent 8 months here. But I looked on the map and identified 3 streets I had never knocked a door. While walking, we passed a few people who we greeted and didn't respond. As we walked, we waved to a man across the street watering his lawn. He was super friendly with us! But, being across the street, we didn't want to make him feel awkward by crossing to talk with him. So we kept walking. However, I felt a prompting from the Spirit telling me to go back. So, we went back! I threw all caution to the wind and just started talking. He's a very humble man and has God in his life. I believe he has also been prepared for the Restored Gospel.
So there it is, my friends. My boring week, with a small miracle. Have a great 7 days and we'll see you next Monday!
Con Amor, 
Elder Horton



Hike





California!


My Companion's birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment